Monday, December 10, 2007

How Much is WHOSE Blog Worth?


Here's some data I really don't understand.

Reference hereinbelow is made to the content of Matt G's recent post concerning the supposed dollar value of different blogs. Click on over there and read his observations. They are interesting and a necessary predicate to my below-subscribed efforts. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Matt's stuff perked my interest so I checked Technorati's rating of my own blog. The result:


My blog is worth $11,290.80.
How much is your blog worth?



Now, I make no pretense to any understanding of marketing and financial matters. I can just about balance a checkbook and pay bills, but really need an accountant to prepare my taxes. My ego is in pretty decent shape, thank you very much. At my moments of very highest self-esteem, however, I would never claim that my modest blog was equal to Tamara's primary, View From the Porch .

I certainly cannot fathom how in the name of Samuel Colt ANYONE would assess the value of my blog at TWICE that of hers. It just don't compute, nohow, no way.

JPG



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're worth it and more. Keep up the great writing.

Love to Holly.

phlegmfatale said...

eh, what do they know? I think links have something to do with that rating system-- mine was $42K a couple years ago, and now it's $25K? Whatevs.

Hope Holly is mending well today. :)

phlegmfatale said...

Oh, and uh, being rated at 11K after a few mere months of blogging is no mean feat!

Anonymous said...

Methinks someone has made a business of "makin' stuff up"...

Anonymous said...

i have a gold plated thompson sub machine gun going for auction, what is the value??

Tam said...

I'll trade you my blog for it.

Anonymous said...

if anyone wants to see please go to www.funutahauctions.com. go to mergenthaler transfer window, click on catalog, scroll down through the pictures.