Saturday, August 02, 2008

Breast Cancer Charity Gun

Internet pal Larry Correia and Fuzzy Bunny Movie Guns are putting on a raffle to benefit Breast Cancer Research. Larry started this since a member of his family has been undergoing chemotherapy, and it is an entirely worthwhile charity. How many of us HAVEN’T had a friend or family member so afflicted? I know Holly and I have one close friend just now recovering.

Larry took one of the excellent Stag 15 carbines and submitted it to the tender mercies of Joe, the FBMG gunsmith. Joe is an absolute master at Duracoating firearms, and he’s come up with an excellent paint scheme for this one. It is being raffled off for this benefit.

Anyway, read more about it on Larry’s Monster Hunter International (MHI) Blog. Yes, Larry’s the author of that excellent book.

Joe provides additional details at his own site, Gundoctor’s Blog

Go to one of their sites and send them some money. Tickets are only $5.00 each. You have a chance at winning a truly unique, high-quality AR in the process, and even if the odds are long against winning, you can feel really good for making the donation.

I’ll maybe edit this post if/when they send me some more info and images. If not, there’s already enough here for you to get in on the action. Believe me, I don’t usually shill for any charity -- There are many worthwhile projects out there -- but I really believe in this one, and I’d like to see it be a big success.

Many thanks,
JPG

7 comments:

Flo said...

What an awesome idea--and I love the paint job! You'll train me if I win, correct? And teach me all the proper terminology so I don't run around saying "I won a pink gun?!" :-)

Thanks for posting and supporting this. Love you.

JPG said...

Hi, Flo - - -

Certainly it'd tickle me to work with you on the range if you win the pink camo carbine. I bet it'll all come back to you pretty quickly, though. An AR15 is allasame as M16, except the selector doesn't include Full Automatic.

Luv,
JPG

J.R.Shirley said...

'Tis a good cause...

g bro said...

They may have to raffle off a good handful for JPG's bevy of female shooting companions.

g bro said...

They might need to make a number of those to arm JPG's bevy of shootin' ladies.

g bro said...

Wait! I just said that! Well, maybe it deserves repeating.

Home on the Range said...

Thanks for the info on that. I finally got around to finishing up the blogroll, sorry I didn't get you in there on the first draft.

Give a big hi to your Bride for me. tubing. . I'm jealous.