Friday, April 25, 2008
The One-Two-Three Meme
My Beloved Bride just did this one in her 25APR entry. She says she got it from John S. He and LawDog both received it from Matt, who blames it on Tamara who in turn got it here, from the first blogger in the string I don't personally know. Hey, this is more fun than the actual meme.
Speaking of which, here's the Book Meme - - -
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the first five sentences.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.
1. Humm - - I reached onto the book shelf above my monitor and took down the first book I touched. Not a good one. Second one, also not good for this purpose. I did NOT cheat, but both of those books were technical references, consisting largely of tables and lists. Right. This third one will work.
3. Let's see . . . three, four, five. Okay, listo.
4. It was not a popular cartridge, and died out in 1912. Like most other single-shot cartridges, this one was too long for the short repeating actions such as the Model 92 Winchester. These were, in addition, too small for the larger actions.
Go 'way down past the end to see the source of this quote, and a small challenge.
5. Let's see - - I've never tagged anyone for a meme before. Most of those I'd bother with this have already participated. Let's see if these three have time to participate.
Fatale Abstraction's own Phlegmfatale
And anyone else who wants to go along.
PS - - My three sentences came from Cartridges of the World, 11th Edition, by Frank C. Barnes. Name the cartridge referenced and win a lollipop.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I just had to give the very edition of the book. :)
You got it in one, Keith. And here I thought it might be a bit too obscure. Your choice: e-mail me your address where to send your lollipop, or choose a topic on which you'd like me to write. Please make it one on which I might, possibly have some knowledge.
Barnes was nailing that casket shut a little early, IMHO.
Wanna see what's fun? Look at the fourteenth result of an image search for that cartridge.
How about the Thompson sub machine gun, and possibly what is actually required to purchase one, since its on my list of if-i-were-to-find-a-winning-lotto-ticket purchases. Thanks.
Oy. I never once thought that little meme would spread this far and wide. Unintended consequences indeed! Regardless, thanks for playing.
Happy birthday, Johnny!
Off topic here. I heard you had a birthday today so I just wanted to wish you happy birthday. I know once you get past the 50 mark birthday's are not really a big deal anymore but for what its worth I hope you had fun.
I am missing your mostly excellent yet far between blogposts lately. You, Matt and Tam (at The Arms Room) are 3 of my favorite reads.
Good day to you sir and I wish you many more happy birthdays as well.
JP, it's been a month now. You OK?
Hey, it HAS been a while. See next.
Post a Comment